Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Flashing data.img in a zip w/o wiping /data/sdcard

Hello xda!
I made a rom but it needs to flash /data partition too. So I have to edit updater script.
When I look at it, there is something like this:
Code:

show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Installing system image...");
package_extract_file("system.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system");

If I change "system"s with "data" would it flash data.img?
Like this:
Code:

show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Installing DATA");
package_extract_file("data.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/data");

Is this data.img going to flash without any errors?
would this wipe my sdcard? (my sdcard is in /data/sdcard)
If yes, how can I do it w/o wiping it?



Sorry for my bad english :D Waiting for answers


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/21vBiG8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment