Tuesday, May 3, 2016

[Guide] How to Roote Note 5 for Dummies

Hey all,
First post here and new member purely because I want to explore the world of rooting my Android device
I have researched rooting the Note 5 (verizon) on multiple pages and within this thread. I am not a technical person so I cannot comprehend most of this stuff. But I am willing to learn! I know its basically unlocking your phone for maximum control over the device. I get confused with most of the lingo like ROM, Kernel, Flashing, knox etc. Can any one explain these terms to me?
I am looking for a beginner way to root with the lowest change for a soft brick or bricked phone. Can someone explain a way this is possible in layman's terms? Again I am a beginner and know little about technical info, so a basic layout would be most helpful.
I also apologize if this is the wrong place to post the thread, I wasn't sure where I am supposed to.
Any help is appreciated!
Phone specs
Model: SM-N920V
Android Version: 5.1.1
Kernel version: 3.10.61
Build Number: LMY47X.N920VVRU2AOJ3
KNOX version: 2.5.1


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24x3j1R
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment