Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Root, How do adb fastboot commands work? need help

Hello, I am student at my university studying Computer Science. I work in tech support at my school. This is the first time I have modified the android os. The community on xda has been really helpful and knowledgeable. I have created an account to see if anyone else has done the same thing I have. Anyway read below for my post.

I am trying to change the recovery on my phone to twrp. Let me start out by saying I rooted my phone before on build number 130 (KIW-L24,Android 5.1,EMUI 3.1,C567B130,United States, Channel-Others). I used the instructions here and it worked http://ift.tt/1NUJFJ3.

I then decided to update through the huawei updater to build number 151 (KIW-L24, Android 5.1, EMUI 3.1, C567B151, United States, Channel-Others). It eventually got to a black EMUI menu with installing 0%. So I powered it off even though it warned against it. So my phone was bricked so I followed instructions at http://ift.tt/1NUJHR2 and my phone worked again.

Okay so now I want to root my phone so I follow the instructions for rooting. Problem is that I can not replace the EMUI recovery with twrp recovery. I am guessing that it may be because 151 is a security update.

I use these commands on adb with the twrp_kiwi.img in my adb folder(named .android by default)
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp_kiwi.img
fastboot reboot
adb reboot recovery


So I wanted to see if I could put the old firmware back so I followed the instructions for bricked device. But the fastboot commands don't seem to do anything with the .img files.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
fastboot reboot

Yea so I am lost as to why fastboot commands arent working as it says finished and any advice would be appreciated.
Also is it possible to format the phone similar to a pc and use adb to flash the firmware back on.
I want to eventually backup my phone and put cyanogenmod on it.


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/24x3iv5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment